In my experience as a teacher, the art room is a space in which personality and creativity are valued, while students work together to use experiences from their own lives to solve problems. I believe that in an effective classroom students work and grow together and that a cooperative environment offers traditional and non-traditional learners an opportunity for educational success.  Giving young adults the opportunities to express themselves and to work in a classroom in which hands on learning is emphasized is important to the development of the learning community.

As a practitioner of a cooperative, creative learning environment, I emphasize more than one form of communication, more than one school of thought, and more than one way to learn.  The visual art class is a space in which students can learn how to communicate in multiple methods while connecting with one another on a personal level.  I am an advocate for art education and I work for the growth of this field. I believe that an effective and productive educator is a life long learner.  I am passionate about my continued educational growth and I look for new opportunities to develop as a teacher.