My artwork is process driven and interdisciplinary. Working with materials usual comes later.  I prefer to start with an idea, concept or question. My artwork is most successful when it causes the viewer to engage, interact, or react. I want to have conversations.  I want to connect with others. I want to create situations in which viewers participate.

I make decisions about my process through research, analysis, dialogue and reflection. I find my work to be very social and I like making artwork in a collaborative community of other thinkers and practitioners. My work grows and evolves from the conversations and exchanges that occur in creative communities. Patterns that have emerged over time are a meditative experience for myself when I create, perform, or install artwork.

Currently I am working to discover new materials that can inform and expand my process. I want to know how to make more things and how to use more tools. Since my process isn't material driven I feel that constantly striving to learn more will illuminate new concepts to explore.