My artwork is process driven and interdisciplinary.  Working with materials usual comes later.  I prefer to start with an idea, concept or question.  My artwork is most successful when it causes the viewer to engage, interact, or react.  I want to have conversations.  I want to connect with others.  I want to create situations in which viewers participate.

I make decisions about my process through research, dialogue and reflection.  I find my work to be very social and I like making artwork in a collaborative community of other thinkers.  My work grows and evolves from the conversations and exchanges that happen among fellow artists, family and friends.  Patterns that have emerged over time are a meditative experience for myself when I create, perform, or install artwork.

Currently I am working to discover new materials that can inform and expand my process.  I want to know how to make more things and how to use more tools.  Since my process isn't material driven I feel that constantly striving to learn more will illuminate new concepts to explore.